Brian.Smithson at ricoh-usa.com Brian.Smithson at ricoh-usa.com
Tue Dec 18 13:27:44 EST 2007

There are also some models of print, scan, copy, fax, and document
storage/retrieval functions in the P2600-series protection profile drafts.
Look at P2600.1 for the most complete examples. These models are very high
level, simplified abstractions, but I think it would be beneficial to all
if the PWG MFD model and the P2600 models were consistent in approach and
nomenclature.

Where they are inconsistent, particularly in nomenclature, there is a
sliver of time available to recommend corrections to the P2600 draft
standard (sponsor ballot closes on Thursday midnight EST!). If you're not
on the sponsor ballot committee, find someone who is and ask them to
submit a comment. If you don't know anyone on the committee, you can send
your comments to me and I'll consider them.

The P2600-series protection profiles have not yet gone to sponsor ballot,
so there is more time to make changes for consistency between PWG MFD and
P2600 PPs. However, it will be difficult to make a change to the PPs if
such a change is inconsistent with the P2600 main standard.

All of the various P2600 drafts are (for now) available here:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/2600/techdocs.html

Regards,
--
Brian Smithson