MFD> Binary Versus MonoChrome Versus Color

William A Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Wed Dec 19 14:30:11 EST 2007

I apparently missed a discussion of the meaning of monochrome, but I
consider the term to include gray-scale. After all, it refers to a single
color (χρωμα) but does not refer to shade/density/intensity.  I consider a
monochrome a characteristic as distinguished from polychrome, or full color
or spot color.

However, the definitions, need some discussion. This is especially true of
digitally represented color images.

Further, I suggest that we specify that the definitions refer to the
conventional digital representations of images;  there are also hardcopy
images, the  characteristics definition of which is beyond the scope of  the
MFD semantics activity.

Bill Wagner