MFD> Scan Service Sectionr 10

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:50:52 EST 2009

Hi Bill,

The System object is defined in WIMS and also in SM/2.0 schema
and has been for years.

Miracle happens is bad design - so MFD services that are created
AFTER the device is installed MUST be based on operations that
are targeted to the System object (same semantics as a Server
object in ISO 10175-Part3).

My Note (1) says that Startup *event* (not operation) arrives at the
Service object in Initial phase / Unknown state, which exactly follows
the state transition tables and notes in ISO 10175-Part3.

The alternative is to break with DPA and show that a Service object
comes into existence in the Initial phase / Down state (and receives
the Startup event).  But that transition from Unknown to Down is the
one (in DPA) that does the one-time initialization of data structures.

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176