[MFD] Dec. 8-9 Face-to-Face Meeting Minutes is now available

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 02:07:26 UTC 2009

Hi Bill,

[Just got out of our cars in Ann Arbor for the winter]

When doing job save (but not for proof print), the actual
Digital Document *path* in the Repository is exposed
(that's the difference between the two features).

A saved job can be queried for the path to the DD
in the Repository.

So Print Service SHOULD have an arrow to the
Repository (input and output).

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
summer:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 2:02 PM, William Wagner <wamwagner at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Ira,
>
> Thanks for your clarifications. However, for item 1 you did not address the
> basic question about the elimination of the Print Service to Repository
> path. Note also my later message where I suggest that DigitalDocument paths
> to a repository when there is no intended client access to that
> DigitalDocument are features of an implementation and not a Service, as with
> the Copy Service.
>
> At any rate, have a good holiday.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill Wagner