[MFD] IPP?MFD Operations correlation

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:12:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

My comments:

(1) Restart-Job [RFC2911] will be strongly DEPRECATED
     and quite possibly simply forbidden in IPP/2.0 Second
     Edition - because it destroys the actuals and counters
     from the previous Job execution - a design error!
     - should NOT be in SM/2.0 at all (event for Print)

(2) Resubmit-Job [JPS2] should be in SM/2.0
     - because Reprocess-Job [RFC3998] CANNOT change
     any of the job processing instructions (necessary for
     useful proof-print and job-save functionality)

(3) Validate-Document and Cancel-Document [PWG5100.5]
      should be in SM/2.0 - will be needed for IPP/2.2

(4) Delete-Document [PWG5100.5] should be discussed
      - in general, Delete/Purge operations are highly
      undesirable, because they destroy accounting info

(5) Get/Set-Document-Elements are actually called
     Get/Set-Document-Attributes in [PWG5100.5], so
     column 1 of this table is wrong

(6) Get-Documents [PWG5100.5] should be in SM/2.0

Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
 734-944-0094
summer:
 PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
 906-494-2434

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 12:34 PM, William Wagner <wamwagner at comcast.net>wrote:

>  Attached is Pete’s update of the operation correlation table, with some
> cosmetics. My question was whether more IPP printer specific operations will
> be incorporated into the MFD General set.
>

> Bill Wagner
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.