[MFD] Issue to resolve before publishing v1.111 <Response Requested>

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Fri Sep 17 19:50:02 UTC 2010

Nancy,

You are right, I would need a parallel structure by introducing a
<service>ServiceDefaults that would contain the existing
Default<service>JobTicket and a new element for
Default<service>DocumentTicket.  I am a little confused by your second
paragraph since capabilities should provide all the allowed values and
default provide the single value used when not overridden in the user
request.  As for DocumentForma read on.

I have been doing some comparisons between the PWG SM v1 and the current
schema.  There are some defaults/supported values that are an issue.
This is because these values are associated with  Document Description
values or properties of the submitted Digital Document.  The elements in
question from the PWG Semantic Model v1 (and IPP) are the
PrinterDescription elements:

[CompressionDefault]  (Missing in SM v1)

CompressionSupported

DocumentFormatDefault

DocumentFormatSupported

DocumetFormatDetailsDefault

DocumentFormatDetailsSupported

DocumentFormatVersionDefault

DocumentFormatVersioSupported

The <service>Document Description contains elements for

Compression

DocumentFormat

DocumentFormatDetails

DocumentFormatVersion

So by implementing default and capabilities for <service>DocumentTicket,
the defaults/supported above would be covered there.

Right now the Capabilities and Default for PrintJobDescription are
missing the elements associated with:

CompressionSupplied

DocumentCharsetSupplied

DocumentDigitalSignatureSupplied

DocumentFormatDetailsSupplied

DocumentFormatSupplied

DocumentFormatVersionSupplied

DocumentMessageSupplied

DocumentNameSupplied

Impressions

MediaSheets

They will be added.   I got to thinking that FaxOut should have
compression and document format, and the others above, as well.  When
FaxOut is submitting a document (push or pull) these elements are
applicable.  (At least that will be my working group last call comment)

I think we should do #1 below and include a similar change to
<service>ServiceDefaults.    In IPP the support and default values of
compression and the document format elements are properties of the
service description.  Should the elements be replicated there as well?

Comments?

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com <mailto:Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com>
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.