[MFD] Additions to well-known values, plus the PrintColorMode job ticket element

Harry Lewis harry.lewis at infoprint.com
Thu Dec 9 19:23:46 UTC 2010

Hi Michael.

For PrintColorModeWKV - Binary (unless someone has a better name for
threshold black-and-white output)

The term "bilevel" or sometimes "bi-level", as in Joint Bi-level Image
Experts Group (JBIG) is quite commonly used and the one we prefer. It may
be difficult to garner a strong consensus, however, across the industry
since several terms are quite interchangeable.

Regards,
Harry

Harry Lewis
AFP Architect, Program Manager IP & Open Standards
Phone: 720-663-3456
Email: harry.lewis at infoprint.com
infoprint.com

Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com>
Sent by: mfd-bounces at pwg.org
12/09/2010 12:11 PM

mfd at pwg.org
cc

Subject
[MFD] Additions to well-known values,   plus the PrintColorMode job ticket
element

All,

Based on our IPP Everywhere discussions for CUPS Raster, I propose the
following changes to the well-known values schema:

ColorEntryWKV:

- Add AdobeGrayscale8, AdobeGrayscale16, AdobeRGB24, AdobeRGB48,
sGrayscale8, sGrayscale16, sRGB24, scRGB48, Black8 (or K8), and Black16
(or K16)
- Rename BlackAndWhite1 to Black1 (or K1)

ColorSpaceWKV:

- Add AdobeRGB, Black (or just "K"), Grayscale, sGrayscale (mapping of
Grayscale to sRGB), and AdobeGrayscale (mapping of Grayscale to AdobeRGB)
- Add comment that RGB, Black/K, Grayscale, CMY, CMYK, and YCC are device
color spaces.

PrintColorModeWKV (was ColorWKV):

- Binary (unless someone has a better name for threshold black-and-white
output)
- Grayscale
- Color

We can also uncomment the Color element in PwgCommon.xsd and rename it to
PrintColorMode, using to PrintColorModeWKV.

believed to be clean.