[MFD] MFD Teleconference

Nancy.Chen at okidata.com Nancy.Chen at okidata.com
Thu Apr 28 16:05:12 UTC 2011

Bill and Pete,

While checking the FaxOut Service working draft's consistency with the MFD
Model and Common Semantics spec, I found that the XML element
"DestinationUris" is inconsistently named as "DestinationURIs" or
"DestinationURI" in some places throughout the MFD Model and Common
Semantics document.  In the FaxOut Service working draft,
"DestinationURIs" is consistently used both in draft spec and XML Schema,
which I think they should all be "DestinationUris" according to the MFD
Model and Common Semantics. I will address that in my comments for FaxOut
Service spec.

I remember in one of the face-to-face meeting, we discussed whether URIs
or Uris should be used, and the consensus was the latter.  I don't mind to
change back to URIs, but please make them all consistently named,
referenced, both in specs and XML Schema.

Please check and ensure consistencies globally in the documents and XML
Schema.

Thanks,
-Nancy
Nancy Chen, PWG Vice-Chair
Principal Engineer
Solutions and Technology
Oki Data
2000 Bishops Gate Blvd.
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Phone: (856)222-7006

"William Wagner" <wamwagner at comcast.net>
Sent by: mfd-bounces at pwg.org
04/25/2011 10:05 PM

"'Zehler, Peter'" <Peter.Zehler at xerox.com>, <mfd at pwg.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [MFD] MFD Teleconference

All,

Thank you for your comments. I have modified the Model and Common
Semantics document to reflect editorial and technical issues. The current
version is posted at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/wd-mfdmodel10-20110426.pdf. I have
removed line numbers in preparation for release, but have kept the status
as Stable pending agreement that the necessary issues are fix (any nothing
too much else has gone awry).

All except figure  and formatting changes are highlighted in yellow.

Reported comments are below. Issues in light gray have not been
specifically addressed.:

1.Change ?System Service? to ?System Control Service? (3 places in text)

2. Update Table 52 and Figure 80 to indicate that NaturalLanguageSupported
is multi-valued

3.  Fix references  for  NaturalLanguageSupported  and
NaturalLanguageConfigured on Table 52 of MFD Model

4. Add note  to Table 52 that NaturalLanguageSupported  corresponds to
generated-natural-language-supported in IPP

5. Update  Figure 80 of Model to reflect that  CharsetCon?gured and
CharsetSupported are mandatory as in IPP

6. Update Figure 83 of Model to reflect that QueuedJobCount is mandatory
in IPP

7. Delete  Startup<service>Service in Table 79

8. Add ?Imaging Client? to the table in section 1.3.2 MFD Services
Terminology ? same meaning as ?Client? ? new terminology used in IDS and
Cloud

Nancy Chen comments:

1) Line 49 - document link needs update.
2) Page 106, Table 44 - "Cross FeedDir" should be concatenated
3) Page 112, Table 48 - typo: "vraious"
4) Page 123, Figure 80 - need updated Schema diagram for
ImagingServiceDescription (as above)
5) Page 124, Table 52 - fix data type for NaturalLanguageSupported (as
above)
6) Page 141, Line 1986 - 'ever' is at the beginning of a sentence. It
should be "However"?
& Line 1902 - need to reformat (apply left justification?) to remove extra
spaces between words. (see comment below)
& Line 1911 - change 'hav' to 'have'.
7) Page 144, Table 62 - "Document Format" should be concatenated

Although I appreciate that the coarse justification resulting from the
long concatenated strings can be disconcerting, I personally find an
occasional coarse justification less objectionable than extremely ragged
right margins. Also, since the body of the text is justified, switching
the style to left aligned may have strange effects affecting pagination. I
have reworded some of the  more obvious justification problem areas to
lessen the effect, but I ask your indulgence to leave the rest as it is.
At any rate, with the layout changes, the justification problems are
probably not where they appeared in the previous version.

8) Page 155, Lines 1961 & 1962 - reformat (apply left justification?) to
remove extra spaces between words.
9) Page 160, Lines 2002 to 2004 - reformat (apply left justification?) to
remove extra spaces between words.
10) Page 187, Lines 2424 - 2425 & 2438 - reformat (apply left
justification?) to remove extra spaces between words.
11) Page 200, Line 2906 & 2918 - reformat (apply left justification?) to
remove extra spaces between words.
12) Page 201, Lines 2935, 2951 - reformat (apply left justification?) to
remove extra spaces between words.
13) Page 202, Line 2968 - reformat (apply left justification?) to remove
extra spaces between words.
14) Page 203, Line 2989 - reformat (apply left justification?) to remove
extra spaces between words.
15) Page 204, Line 3009 - reformat (apply left justification?) to remove
extra spaces between words.
16) Page 205, Lines 3046, 3070, 3071, 3079 - reformat (apply left
justification?) to remove extra spaces between words.
17) Page 206, Lines 3080, 3018, 3116 - reformat (apply left
justification?) to remove extra spaces between words.
18) Page 209, Line 3203, 3205, 3218 - reformat (apply left justification?)
to remove extra spaces between words.
19) Page 209, Line 3207 - "Media Used Counters" should be followed by a
':', not a period.
20) Page 210, Line 3232, subsection 8.1 heading - left justify the words
in the heading.
21) Page 216, Lines 3332, 3334 -  reformat (apply left justification?) to
remove extra spaces between words.