[MFD] Apple has reviewed the FaxOut Service Semantic Model and Service Interface specification and has comments

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Jun 8 19:44:05 UTC 2011

Comments:

- Header: Date is not right-aligned.
- Footer and cover matter (line 34): Should use "The Printer Working Group" for the copyright notice without an intervening comma.
- Footer spacing: seems like the text is running into the footer fairly often - can we change the margins so that doesn't happen?
- Line 40: Title does not match title of document
- Table-of-contents - update style so page numbers start at the same horizontal position
- Line 183: "MFD Facsimile" instead of "MFD Faxing"?
- Line 194: Missing line break for new paragraph?
- Line 208: You just said that at the end of the paragraph on lines 204-206…
- Line 212: Abstractly? Or "In the abstract"?
- Line 248: Extra blank line (remove)
- Line 285/286: Missing reference
- Line 287/288: Collapse to a single blank line.
- Line 292: Missing period at end of line.
- Line 294: Missing space between "the" and "SystemServiceStatus".
- Line 414: Where is "job metadata" defined? Seems like we should have a definition or a parenthetical example listing the kinds of elements included in "metadata".
- Line 617: Extra space at start of paragraph? (remove)
- Line 626/627: Extra space (remove)
- Line 631: Period and long hyphen after "section 8" is inconsistent with lines 629 and 630
- Line 634: Missing space between "section" and "9".
- Line 643: Same comment about undefined "job metadata".
- Inconsistent usage of "RFC nnnn" and "rfcnnnn" references. In other specs we seem to use "RFCnnnn" fairly consistently.
- Line 722: The normal reference is JPS2, but in any case this is published as PWG 5100.11 and can be a normative reference.

believed to be clean.