[MFD] Why FaxIn should NOT add the PrintService attributes

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 19:57:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

For PIN printing, the destination of the FaxIn must be an electronic
document or a user's electronic mailbox under access control.

As a *separate* job, the end user has to walk up and start
a secure print job.  There is no support for *any* DestinationURI
in any PWG MFD service to have a job ticket or other metadata
associated with it.

Fancy printing is NOT the use case of classic fax - just best
effort with the local PrintService's default job ticket is fine.

Real workflow is intentionally out-of-scope in PWG Semantic Model
(at least until SM/3.0 starts up as a project).

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SWG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Christmas through April:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
May to Christmas:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:43 PM, William Wagner <wamwagner at comcast.net>wrote:

> I thought that the available job ticket just related to FaxIn processing
> (including the destination). The default job ticket for the destination
> printer would define print processing. I don’t recall that we had available
> job ticket  capability for printers (do we?). At any rate, the path for
> communication the PIN code to the printer (and the intended recipient) is
> not clear.****
>
> Thanks.****
>
> Bill Wagner****
>
> ** **