[MFD] How is this for a PJT abstract

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Aug 16 18:32:15 UTC 2011

Pete,

On Aug 16, 2011, at 10:46 AM, Zehler, Peter wrote:
> Comments welcome.
>
> Abstract: The original PWG Semantic Model v1 [PWG5105.1] has been extended from describing a print service to all of the typical MFD Services. The resulting model provided service specific Job Tickets that made use of a common set of semantic elements whenever possible.  This specification covers the Job Ticket and Capabilities for the Print Service. The Print Job Ticket is used during Job Submission, included within the resulting Job Object, and to represent the default values for the

> Print Service.  Closely related is the Print Service Capabilities.  The Capabilities represent which Print Job Ticket elements are supported and what values are permitted for a service instance.  The PWG Semantic Model Print Job Ticket and associated Capabilities is represented as an XML Schema.  That schema is a subset of the PWG Semantic Model v2.

I think we can whittle this abstract down a bit. Combined with Ira's suggestions, how about:

Abstract: The original PWG Semantic Model v1 [PWG5105.1] has been extended from describing a print service to all of the typical MFD Services [PWG5108.1]. This specification provides the Job Ticket and Capabilities for the Print Service. The Print Job Ticket is used to represent the default values for the Print Service, during Job Submission, and within the resulting Job Object.  The Print Service Capabilities represent which Print Job Ticket elements are supported and what values are permitted.  The PWG Semantic Model Print Job Ticket and associated Capabilities are represented as a subset of the PWG Semantic Model v2 XML Schema.

> Peter Zehler
>
> Xerox Research Center Webster
> Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com
> Voice: (585) 265-8755