[MFD] Re: [Pwg-Announce] The Transform Service specification to be used at the upcoming Face to Face meeting is available

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Tue Apr 17 14:37:52 UTC 2012

Hi Pete,

In section 4.1, can we formally define what we mean by "transform" ?  I think some folks have a specific use-case that narrows the scope of the transformation process, such as "transforming a document from Postscript to PDF" or whatever.

I think in my earlier discussion of human language transformation (i.e, US-English to EU-Spanish), we found out that there were (at least to me) undocumented meanings built into the model about what we mean by "transformation".

I can't remember where we left that discussion regarding human language transformation, but it didn't seem to fit one or more operations or functional assumptions that have already been documented.

I would like to an unambiguous definition of "transformation" early in the document -- if it's in there and I missed it, can you provide a ref ?

--

Also, in 4.2 regarding things that are "out of scope"… #1 and #2 in this section seem very interesting…we should make a mental note that maybe these should become work items for some other effort by the PWG, since cloud services already exist for functionality listed in #1.

Thanks!
Randy

On Apr 17, 2012, at 7:16 AM, Zehler, Peter wrote:

> All,
>
> The updated Transform Service specification is available at
> <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/wd-mfdtransformmodel01-20120412.pdf>
> (As usual the docx version and the  –rev versions are also available.)
>
> This is the version that will be reviewed at the upcoming Face to Face meeting hosted by Apple.
>
> Pete
>

> Peter Zehler
>
> Xerox Research Center Webster
> Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com