[MFD] RE: Help understanding PrintDocumentTicket

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Wed Feb 6 16:23:12 UTC 2013

Peter,

Thanks for the history but I still don't understand where Document Ticket fits in.  Maybe I found it, please correct my diagram below if I am wrong.

A PrintDocumentTicket(s) is not part of the a PrintJobTicket but is part of a PrintJob ????

PrintJob --+----PrintJobTicket

                  |----PrintDocumentTicket(s)

                  |----Document (is content in PrintJob; i.e. not by ref)

glen

Below is just reference for 2108.1

Document Ticket

A data object that contains a User‟s <service>Intent for Document processing and descriptive properties of a Document in a Job. Any Document processing properties in the Document Ticket for a particular Job will override the values specified in the Job Ticket‟s Document processing  properties. The content of a Document Ticket is configured by a User through a <service> Client.

Job Ticket

A data object that contains a User's Job-level Intent for Document processing, Job processing and descriptive Job properties of a Job, sent to an MFD Service. Job Elements apply to the entire Job. Document processing Elements apply to all Documents within the Job unless overridden at the Document level (See Document Ticket). The content of a Job Ticket is configured by a User through a Client.

*	A Job Ticket relates to the Job and all Documents in the Job, except those for which a Document Ticket is created.
*	A  Document  Ticket  relates to a specific  Document  and any property specified in a  Document Ticket overrides the value of that property that may be specified in the Job Ticket.