PWG-ANNOUNCE> Future work of the PWG

Richard Shockey rshockey at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 19 17:53:18 EDT 1999

At 04:14 PM 8/19/1999 -0400, Jay Martin wrote:
>Richard Shockey wrote:
> > Maybe extend that a bit to include printing from non-desktop devices as
> > well...hand held's,  my cell phone.. palm based scanning devices like HP
> > CapShare.. I know there has been some work in IrDA based interfaces to
> > "point and print" but maybe the concept is more extensiable.
>
>Good thought, but perhaps appliance-like devices would be best
>dealt with thru the P1394 group?

Your probably right its ... those kind of folks that know more about this
class of application ... but the thought would be printer abstraction layer
that could be transported by a variety of means,  IrDA or whatever wireless
like system happens to be in use. There are so many of these wireless
schemes out there for both business and SOHO environments that this "point
and print" system would have to be sufficiently primitive to allow for
transport over all kinds of schemes.

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : rshockey at ix.netcom.com
GSTN Fax 314.918.9015
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464