PWG-ANNOUNCE> Problem with April Meeting in Tokyo

don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Tue Jan 25 14:50:35 EST 2000

Once again, the 1394 Trade Association has deviated from it's plan and moved
it's meeting on top of ours.  In this case, the April meeting in Tokyo.
Already, the 1394 Printing group has decided not to meet in Tokyo due to that
conflict.

We have several choices:

1) Keep the meeting as is with a reduced daily schedule

-- Monday, PWG/PWG-C Joint Session and Plenary
-- Tuesday/Wednesday, IPP
-- Thursday, UPDF

2) Move the meeting to some US site the same week

3) Move the meeting to some US site another week (the following week conflicts
with a number of other things so we may have a problem)

I propose we keep the meeting in Tokyo as scheduled and with the schedule listed
above.  The PWG's strategy is to be more of a world-wide organization and
therefore scheduling meetings outside the US is a key component of that
strategy.

NOT HERE.

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Chair, Printer Working Group               *
* Chair, IEEE MSC                            *
* Director, Strategic & Technical Alliances  *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *