NOT-READY-YET RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Meeting Announcement

Herriot, Robert Robert.Herriot at pahv.xerox.com
Fri Jun 9 22:56:03 EDT 2000

The Hyatt hotel has not set up the PWG reservation correctly. It is
currently not possible to make a reservation with the PWG group

I just tried making a reservation at the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf for the
July IPP meeting.

I followed the instructions and called the 800 number. They said the group
was sold out and then said that I had to call the hotel to make a
reservation under the PWG group.

I called the hotel and was told that I had to make reservations directly
with Cindy Tiritilli (IEEE)and that she would forward the reservation to the
hotel. They would not take my reservation. So clearly the hotel is confused.

In the future, I suggest that someone from the IEEE make a test reservation
just before sending out the announcement to see if the hotel has set things
up properly. Based on my experience, there will probably be mistakes more
often than not.

Bob Herriot