PWG-ANNOUNCE> Changes coming to the PWG mailing lists

PWG-ANNOUNCE> Changes coming to the PWG mailing lists

Peter Johansson PJohansson at ACM.org
Fri Jun 15 14:45:14 EDT 2001

At 12:45 PM 6/15/01, don at lexmark.com wrote:

>In order to reduce the spam level on the PWG mailing lists, we intend to
>change Majordomo to only accept e-mail for the mailing list from e-mail
>addresses that are on that mailing list.  I expect this to happen in the
>next week or so. Therefore, if you have multiple e-mail accounts or
>aliased e-mail accounts which are not subscribed to a mailing list, you
>will no longer have the ability to mail from those accounts.

Don, I hope the changes to Majordomo make their decision based upon the
"From:" header and not upon other headers (such as X-Sender or
X-Apparently-From). I am subscribed under my "From:" name but the contents
of the other fields won't match.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.