PWG-ANNOUNCE> XHTML-Print Meeting and Mailing List

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Jan 11 14:27:39 EST 2002

On Friday 11 January 2002 01:26 pm, don at lexmark.com wrote:
> All:
>
> As you might have noticed, there will be a meeting to begin working
> on XHTML-Print at the February PWG meeting in LA.  As such, there are
> a few bits of information that should be distributed:
> 2) The lastest version of the XHTML-Print document is available from
> http://www.xhtml-print.org
>
> 3) The XHTML-Print meeting will be Wednesday, February 6 right after
> the PWG Plenary.  Hope to see you there.

Don,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend, but I just thought I'd
let you know that my company will be developing an open-source
XHTML-Print implementation based on our HTMLDOC software that
will eventually be available as an add-on to CUPS.  The
implementation will initially support conversion to PostScript
for printing, but we plan on doing a rasterizer as well to
support non-PS printers without needing Ghostscript...

We're not sure yet if we'll be hosting the project on SourceForge
or on our own servers, but I'll make an announcement to the mailing
list as soon as I have the details and project started up...

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com