PWG-ANNOUNCE> NEW Directory 'mfp' and process for MFP Alerts BOF

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Feb 14 12:46:11 EST 2006

Hi,

NOTE:  As required by PWG Process/2.0, I've just created a
new short acronym directory for this BOF (see (4) below)
and copied all existing MFP Alerts materials there.

Please do NOT post any further documents on MFP Alerts in
the misnamed directory 'AlertsExtension' - thanks.

Here's a quick primer on the current PWG Process for a BOF
(birds of a feather), which is the current state of the MFP
Alerts discussion.

(1) Send all email on MFP Alerts to the existing Printer MIB
    WG list (open only to subscribers):
      pmp at pwg.org
    To subscribe, visit:
      http://www.pwg.org
    Do NOT carry on email threads on "pwg-announce at pwg.org",
    except for meeting announcements (for wider visibility).

(2) PWG Process/2.0 is at:
  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-process20.pdf

(3) PWG Namespace Policy is at:
  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/informational/pwg-namespace-policy.txt

(4) Until a PMP WG project or a separate WG is chartered
    and approved by the PWG Steering Committee, MFP Alerts
    documents should be stored in the _new_ directory:
  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/BOFs/mfp

(5) White papers should be named with 'tb' (Technical Brief)
    prefix, for example "tb-mfp-design-20060311.pdf"
                         (a) (b)  (c)     (d)   (e)
    (a) Required prefix 'tb'
    (b) Required BOF short acronym 'mfp'
    (c) One or more descriptive words
    (d) Required 8-digit date (in exact format YYYYMMDD)
        - avoids confusion with local file system dates
    (e) Required review version of document in PDF

(6) If you can only create MS Word or MS PowerPoint, please
    send them to me as attachements and I'll convert them for
    you and post the source and PDF versions

(7) Read access to the PWG FTP server is anonymous -
    username "ftp" - password "" (empty)

(8) Write access to the PWG FTP server is password protected -
    if you need the password, please send me personal email.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com