NOTE: As required by PWG Process/2.0, I've just created a
new short acronym directory for this BOF (see (4) below)
and copied all existing MFP Alerts materials there.
Please do NOT post any further documents on MFP Alerts in
the misnamed directory 'AlertsExtension' - thanks.
Here's a quick primer on the current PWG Process for a BOF
(birds of a feather), which is the current state of the MFP
(1) Send all email on MFP Alerts to the existing Printer MIB
WG list (open only to subscribers):
pmp at pwg.org
To subscribe, visit:
Do NOT carry on email threads on "pwg-announce at pwg.org",
except for meeting announcements (for wider visibility).
(2) PWG Process/2.0 is at:
(3) PWG Namespace Policy is at:
(4) Until a PMP WG project or a separate WG is chartered
and approved by the PWG Steering Committee, MFP Alerts
documents should be stored in the _new_ directory:
(5) White papers should be named with 'tb' (Technical Brief)
prefix, for example "tb-mfp-design-20060311.pdf"
(a) (b) (c) (d) (e)
(a) Required prefix 'tb'
(b) Required BOF short acronym 'mfp'
(c) One or more descriptive words
(d) Required 8-digit date (in exact format YYYYMMDD)
- avoids confusion with local file system dates
(e) Required review version of document in PDF
(6) If you can only create MS Word or MS PowerPoint, please
send them to me as attachements and I'll convert them for
you and post the source and PDF versions
(7) Read access to the PWG FTP server is anonymous -
username "ftp" - password "" (empty)
(8) Write access to the PWG FTP server is password protected -
if you need the password, please send me personal email.
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com