PWG-ANNOUNCE> RFC 4395 - Registering New URI Schemes

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Feb 22 14:23:59 EST 2006

Hi,

Finally published at:

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc4395.txt
- "Guidelines and Registration Procedures for New URI Schemes"
  (February 2006)

I suggest that the PWG consider/discuss at the April meeting
a proposal to develop an Informational RFC that registers
"Printing Industry URI Schemes" ('lpr:' - which is only defined
in the SLP 'service:printer' schema, 'pwg-psi[td|ps]:',
'pwg-wims:', etc.).

I would volunteer to work on such a project (I wrote the 'ipp:'
scheme defined in RFC 3510).

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434