*** DO NOT REPLY to this announcement-only mailing list! ***
*** Send comments to Semantic Model WG list 'sm at pwg.org' ***
Based on conversations with Pete Zehler (Xerox, SM WG chair),
I've just posted a draft charter for a new PWG Scan WG at:
- MS Word source
- PDF w/ line numbers for comments
Action - All PWG members:
*** Review this draft charter and send comments to 'sm at pwg.org' ***
Rationale for new Scan WG:
(1) A new MFP WG would be too ambiguous in scope for effective
oversight by the PWG Steering Committee.
(2) The existing SM WG is not chartered to design new models or
(3) The existing WIMS WG is not chartered to design job submission
or job management models or protocols.
(1) Review during PWG Piscataway meeting this Thursday/Friday.
(2) Revise and update (for example, convert to a Work Item charter
for an existing working group with an expanded charter).
(3) Approval by PWG Steering Committee or full PWG Membership.
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.463 / Virus Database: 269.5.7/771 - Release Date: 4/21/2007 11:56 AM