PWG-ANNOUNCE> Poll of the level of interest in a Private MIB repository hosted by PWG (RESPONSE REQUESTED!!)

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Wed Oct 31 08:25:35 EDT 2007

All,

Xerox has an interest and has already posted to a MIB Repository.  I see
that quite a few other members of the PWG have also done so.  The site I
refer to is MibDepot
<http://www.mibdepot.com/cgi-bin/mibvendors.cgi?id=8415>.  Not only are
private MIBs from various vendors made available but also the standard
MIBs such as rfc3805
<http://www.mibdepot.com/cgi-bin/vendor_index.cgi?r=ietf_rfcs&id=8517>
(#178).  The site is well organized for browsing the various MIBs.  The
down side is that it requires a $10 contribution before downloads of the
zip/tar file containing a vendor's MIB can be done.  To me that seems a
reasonable cost given all the other functionality of the website.  If
that is perceived as a problem perhaps we can work something out with
MibDepot.  Take a look at the repository and think about how we would
make the MIBs available to interested parties.

Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Research Center Webster