[Pwg-Announce] Need a PWG Chair Replacement =>HAVE A NOMINEE FROM APPLE

Nancy.Chen at okidata.com Nancy.Chen at okidata.com
Wed Feb 10 03:38:31 UTC 2010

Dear All,

PWG is pleased to announce that currently we have received a nominee - Mr.
Mike Sweet from Apple for the PWG Chair position.

The nomination period for this position will end on February 18.  Please
make sure you nominate or volunteer your candidate or yourself by this
deadline.

After the deadline the PWG will allow one week for voting members to
object, if only one nominee is received.  If there are more than one
nominee received, the PWG will elect one by the formal PWG Steering
Committee voting process.

Thanks you for your attention to this matter.

-Nancy
PWG Vice-Chair

Nancy Chen
Principal Engineer
Solutions and Technology
Oki Data
2000 Bishops Gate Blvd.
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Phone: (856)222-7006
Email: Nancy.Chen at okidata.com

Nancy.Chen at okidata.com
Sent by: pwg-announce-bounces at pwg.org
02/04/2010 03:59 PM

pwg-announce at pwg.org
cc

Subject
[Pwg-Announce] Need a PWG Chair Replacement

Dear All,

To our deepest regrets, the current 2009-2010 PWG Chair, Lee Farrell, had
notified us his sudden departure from Canon, on January 29, last Friday.

Lee had served PWG in many important roles in the past 15 years with great
support and care to all of us. On behalf of PWG officers and members, we
would like to pay our deepest appreciation and respect for his services.
We wish Lee the best in his future advantures.

As the acting PWG Chair, I am calling for your nomination or volunteer for
the vacated PWG Chair position. The 2-year term of this position started
September 1, 2009 and will terminate on August 31, 2011. Responsibilities
of the PWG Chair include creating Working Groups, appointing Working Group
Chairs, assuring that Working Groups maintain adequate leadership, making
local arrangements for PWG meetings (this may be delegated as
appropriate), setting the high level PWG agenda, chairing the PWG plenary
session, ensuring that the PWG web and FTP site are maintained, and
assisting Working Group Chairs to accomplish their tasks. The PWG Chair
must be a representative of a PWG Member Organization. The PWG Chair is an
ex officio member of all Working Groups. An active member who has the
voting right in PWG can serve as a PWG Officer.

If you would like to nominate or volunteer somebody or yourself, please
email to me at Nancy.Chen at okidata.com. The PWG Steering Committee has
limited this open nomination period for two weeks only. Please submit your
nomination by the end of February 18.

We appreciate your continued support for a great IEEE-ISTO standard
development program such as PWG.

-Nancy
PWG Vice-Chair
Nancy Chen