[Pwg-Announce] Call for Review of langPDF/PS/PCL variants for IANAPrinter MIB (30 April 2010)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue May 4 17:03:37 UTC 2010

Hi George,

These language variant tags are *all* for addition to the textual
convention PrtInterpreterLangFamilyTC in the IANA Printer MIB
(original version in RFC 3805) for use in prtInterpreterLangFamily
object.

When the PWG PDF/is variant is registered, there will be no need
to qualify it in prtInterpreterLangLevel - it's independent.

Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
summer:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 12:54 PM, George Liu <george.liu at ricoh-tech.com> wrote:
> Ira,
>
> You mentioned in your previous posting the following MIB field:
> prtInterpreterLangFamily, prtInterpreterLangLevel and prtInterpreterDescription.
>
> Is the newly defined PDL values for any of the fields?
> It looks like it's pretty hard to divide "langPDFis" into interpreter family field and language level field programmatically.
>
> George

believed to be clean.