VOTES ARE CONFIDENTIAL! See voting instructions below.
This email initiates the Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership on PWG Media Standardized Names 2.0 (MSN2), which is located at:
The complete list of PWG Last Call issues and resolutions is located at:
VOTING PERIOD: This Formal Vote starts today, Thursday 28 February 2013
and ends at 10pm (US Pacific Time) on Thursday 28 March 2013.
Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with Strong Objection), Abstain.
Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to
exercise their right to vote.
by PWG officers or document editors.
HOW TO VOTE:
Send an email with *exactly* the following subject line format:
PWG MSN2 Formal Vote-<company name>-<voter's last name>-<Yes/No/Abstain>
PWG MSN2 Formal Vote-Acme-McGee-Yes
(1) Any "No" vote MUST state the reason for the "No" vote and MUST contain
a description of the *technical* changes required to turn the "No" vote into a
"Yes" vote - otherwise the "No" vote will NOT be counted, per PWG Process/3.0.
(2) Any "No" vote MUST NOT contain *editorial* comments, per PWG Process/3.0.
(3) Any "Yes" vote MAY contain "editorial" comments, per PWG Process/3.0.
(4) Any "Yes" vote MUST NOT contain any *technical* comments, per PWG
(5) Any "Abstain" vote counts toward quorum, but not approval.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR VOTE:
Please send your vote to *all* of the following email addresses (replacing
"dot" with '.' and "at" with '@'):
msweet "at" apple "dot" com (Mike Sweet, PWG Chair, PWG MSN2 Editor)
blueroofmusic "at" gmail "dot" com (Ira McDonald, PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair)
ptykodi "at" tykodi "dot" com (Paul Tykodi, IPP WG Co-Chair)
Please do NOT simply reply to this note on PWG-Announce or the
IPP WG list (to preserve the confidentiality of your vote).
(1) This Formal Vote is being conducted under the rules of the PWG Process/3.0
and the current PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality agreement.
The 2013 PWG Membership Agreement calls out both of these documents and
the links are provided below.
(2) To be eligible to vote the member MUST have submitted a signed copy of
the 2013 PWG Membership Agreement and paid their dues.
The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 3.0 is
The PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality is located at:
Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer, PWG Chair
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.