Draft of the new prtAlertTableChanges MIB object

Gail Songer Gail.Songer at eng.efi.com
Wed Aug 7 12:36:34 EDT 1996

Angelo,

It was the intent to tell the app everything that happened in printer and let
the management app weeding out information. To us, it was better to get too
much information than not enough.  It is hard for us to predict extactly what a
given user is going to want to know about or monitor.

Given that alerts are only sent when a critical error is encountered, we deemed
this the right implementation. (Back then I had not here the "alerts are bad"
rule)

Gail