Job Identification Objects Proposed

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Mon Aug 12 18:45:27 EDT 1996

Ron, according to DPA, you have a slight error in your table.  If the
client submitted the job with the job-client-id set to some value, say
"foo", then the job-client-id column would have "foo" in each row.  If
the client submitted the job without specifying job-client-id, the
server would set job-client-id to have the value of the job-identifier
(as assigned by the server).  In this second case the table would be as
shown below, except that the value of job-client-id for row A would be
empty.

I have not been following the development of the job MIB closely, but I
do wonder if there is a need for all these identifiers?  If the job MIB
is for servers, then perhaps so, but if it is for printers only, then
two identifiers seem sufficient:

     1) a local identifier generated by the printer
     2) an identifier from the submitter of the job.