New Channel Group aka prtChannelMagicCookie

JK Martin jkm at underscore.com
Fri Sep 6 12:44:00 EDT 1996

Lloyd,

> I took the action item in the August PMP meeting to open up the
> discussion on the requirement for this new group. The discussion
> was that there are 3 choices for this new group:
> 1. Do not add the new group
> 2. Add a new group and keep it simple
> 3. Add a new group that covers the entire area.
>
> [...]
>
> If there is not any discussion on this then the decision will stand to
> not add this new group to the Printer MIB.

Hopefully you have seen Dave Kellerman's latest posting in which he
admirably argues for simplicity.  I, too, posted a follow-up on this
topic, as did Bill Wagner.

I vote for choice #2 from your list above.  Leave the object as previously
defined by David, with the possible exception of renaming the new object
to "prtChannelWart" to call a spade a spade.  (Ah, but what a fine, shiny
spade it is...  ;-)

	...jay