Number of Copies & MediaPathType and job content overide

Don Wright don at lexmark.com
Tue Oct 22 08:23:01 EDT 1996

>I see number of copies in the Job MIB. What is the consensus on how this
>attribute relates to any similar object that may be carried within the PDL?
>If the job MIB value is meant to be an override, do printer vendors think
>they can actually treat this correctly for all PDLs?
>OK, I should have combined this with my question on number of copies. Again,
>it would appear that the job MIB object for MediaPathType selection (Simplex,
>Duplex long, Duplex short...) has the potential for conflicting with similar
>definitions carried within the (i.e. Postscript) job datastream. I some cases,
>it seems like ugly conflicts could arise (a landscape page in an otherwise
>portrait job printing under the job MIB "command" to select SIMPLEX media
>path type)...???

not submission) MIB and since these objects are not writable, there is
is no conflict.  The MIB objects simply report the settings that came in
with the job (either as an attribute of the job or through some other job means)
or are the defaults if the job did not explicitly set them.

Remember Harry -- cameras but no missles.

Don