How to identify the particular printer MODEL via SNMP? -Reply

JK Martin jkm at underscore.com
Wed Oct 23 15:14:00 EDT 1996

Before I submit my comments to Scott on his recent posting (below),
I am hoping others--especially printer vendors--could comment on
his suggestion regarding the identification of the target printer model.

It would be great if we could get this discussion going as quickly as
possible, since adding MIB objects at this late date is going to put a
lot of pressure on poor Randy to get the final draft to the IETF in a
timely manner.

	...jay