revised prtChannelInformation MIB object (was prtChannelMagicCookie)

rbergma at dpc.com rbergma at dpc.com
Fri Oct 25 10:40:10 EDT 1996

I would like to propose a change to the text that describes the
prtChannelInformation entry in David Kellerman's document.  I was
somewhat confused as to the exact syntax to be used and I believe
the following format for the description will be less ambigous.

Using the examples presented by David:

   chLPDServer(8),    -- ...
                      -- prtChannelInformation entries:
                      --   printer queue name, mandatory single value
                      --    Format:  QUEUE=value
                      --    value is the ASCII queue name as
                      --    described in RFC 1179
   chDECLAT(32),      -- ...
                      -- prtChannelInformation entries:
                      --   port name, optional single value
                      --    Format:  PORT=name
                      --   service name, optional single value
                      --    Format:  SERVICE=name
                      --   Exactly one of port and service must be
                      --   specified.
   chPortTCP(37),     -- ...
                      -- prtChannelInformation entries:
                      --   TCP port number, mandatory single value
                      --    Format:  PORT=value
                      --    value is encoded as a decimal number.

Also, I will volunteer for
  chAppleTalkPAP(7)        -- unless Paul Reilly volunteers
  chServerMessageBlock(27)

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp
	rbergma at dpc.com