Printer MIB [and my action item on InputSwitchingGroup]

Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Nov 5 13:44:01 EST 1996

At 10:26 11/04/96 PST, Bob Pentecost wrote:
>Thanks to Randy for getting the Printer MIB updated.
>
>I looked for a change that I expected and found that it had not been made.
>When I checked the October meeting minutes, I couldn't find a record of the
>discussion I had in my own notes. From my notes I have:
>
>Input Switching Group
>
>This is a new group of objects that was added to provide timeouts for
>manual feed operations. The group will be generalized to provide timeouts
>for all media load requests. InputManualFeedTimeout will become
>InputMediaLoadTimeout. Tom H. will post the changes.

My notes also show the we changed the name of the prtInputManualFeedTimeout
object to prtInputMediaLoadTimeout, but the name of the group remains
Input Switching Group.

I think we can also delete the phrase: which translates to 'this input
subunit doesn't support manual feed'" in the sentences:

The event which causes the printer to enter the waiting state is product
specific.  A value of (-1) implies 'other' or 'infinite" which translates to
'this input subunit doesn't support manual feed'.  A value of (-2)
implies 'unknown'.

I was unable to open either the August or the current draft, since I suspect
that it is WORD version 7.0 and I am running windows 6.0 on 3.11 windows.
I'm sorry that I was unable to submit the actual changes as agreed
in NYC.  I hope that the above helps.

Randy,
If you could use SAVE AS and save the .doc as word version 6.0 then I could
make the changes (in this section only) and re-post this section separately.
Or you can make the edits.

Tom

>Does anyone recall this discussion?
>

>Looking further I found that the items covered at the October meeting
>didn't make it into the document. Specifically, from the meeting minutes:
>
>Discussion Items: Pentecost/HP
>The following is from a MIB review held at HP.
>-------------------
>1. 2.2.13.4, third paragraph: After "... it removes the corresponding
leading edge event." add "Removing the leading edge entry may cause the
unary change event alertRemovalOfBinaryChangeEntry to be added to the ta
ble."

2. Appendix A: Add definitions for: spot color, process color, impressions.

3. Appendix E: Update authors & addresses; add Binnur Al-Kazily as an
author.
4. Appendix A: Collation description should read "...placing the pages from
>separate copies into separate ordered sets, ready for binding." By
including "separate output bins" the definition is unnecessarily
restrictive.