Printer MIB interoperability testing

Lloyd Young lpyoung at lexmark.com
Tue Nov 19 17:36:49 EST 1996

The question of why we are doing the interoperability testing the first week of
December
has come up in previous e-mail. Therefore I wanted to address this up front.
Chris and
I think we need to present the Interoperability testing results at one IETF meet
ing
before we could progress to Draft Standard at the IETF meeting 3 months later.
With
the current schedule that we are on, we need to present the interoperability
results
at the December IETF meeting before progressing to Draft Standard at the April
IETF
meeting. If anything changes to negate our assumptions, we will let everyone
know.

The cost of the Printer MIB is going to be $1800 per participant ($9000/5
participants).
The 5 participants are HP, IBM, Kyocera, Lexmark, and Tektronix. Xerox and
Novell can
not participate due to various reasons. Only a majority of participants is
required
therefore we want to proceed with these 5 participants. Payment can be made via
check
made payable to Stardust Winsock Labs or by American Express, MasterCard, or
Visa.
If you are paying by check, Stardust requested that these be sent before 12/2.
If
you are paying by credit card, this can be done on Monday 12/2.

Chris, Jay and I plan on having a detailed test plan out to the PWG mailing
list on
Thursday 11/21. However I wanted to go ahead and get some information out now so
people can make travel and shipping arrangements.

Schedule:
   Monday December 2
     2:00 to 5:00 PM   Setup

   Tuesday December 3
     8:30 to 12:00     Testing
    12:00 to 1:00      Lunch
     1:00 to 4:00      Testing
     4:00 to 5:00      Summary and Review

   Wednesday December 4
     8:30 to 12:00     Testing
    12:00 to 1:00      Lunch
     1:00 to 4:00      Testing
     4:00 to 5:00      Summary and Review

   Thursday December 5
     8:30 to 12:00     Testing
    12:00 to 1:00      Lunch
     1:00 to 2:00      Testing
     2:00 to 4:00      Breakdown
     4:00 to 5:00      Summary and Review

Equipment required from each participant:
   Printer
   Ethernet 10Base-T attachment
   Any PCs that are required to setup printers and/or network cards

Shipping address for equipment:
    (Should arrange for equipment to arrive on Monday morning 12/2)
    (Put label on equipment that states Printer MIB Testing)
  Stardust Winsock Labs
  Suite 333
  1901 South Bascom Ave.
  Campbell, CA 95008
  phone # 408-879-8080

Hotels closest to Stardust and directions on to get to their location can
be found on their Web page (www.stardust.com) under Corporate Information.

The equipment that Stardust labs has available is a T1 line to the Internet,
Sparc 1000, Netware, and Windows NT servers.

Lloyd Young                       Phone: (606) 232-5150
Lexmark International Inc.        Fax: (606) 232-6740
740 New Circle Road NW            internet: lpyoung at lexmark.com
Lexington, KY 40511