I am a bit disappointed to see only 5 vendors taking part in the interop test.
Let's face it - we had 6 in Portland several months ago! After all the sweat
we've put into this wouldn't interoperability testing be more meaningful with
as many players as possible?
I'm not asking anyone to "expose" reasons for not attending. I know year-end
can be a tough time for expenditures, development crunches etc. We're all
subject to this sort of thing (December is not ideal for me!).
I would like to examine trade-off's between pushing for the test in December
to satisfy an IETF deadline vs waiting a couple months if that would result
in better participation. What are the (IETF) consequences if we wait? Is there
a "drop-dead" date? If we wait, would more companies commit to participate?
Roughly how long a delay would be necessary?
Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems