PWG> Interop Testing

Chris Wellens chrisw at iwl.com
Sat Dec 28 16:49:26 EST 1996

Hi Harry,

I completely agree with you that we should endeavor to achieve
the goal of performing the interoperability testing at the
lowest possible cost.

No one is mandating that anyone pay anything.  In order to
use a facility with an operational network, support staff,
tables, chairs, phones, security, etc. usually a fee is
charged.  If one of the vendors could host it at their
facility or you know of a facility that would host it at
no charge to the participants, that would be fantastic!

The prices that have been discussed so far only
cover Stardust's charges for facility use, and do not
cover any of the other items you listed.

I will republish the first draft of the test plan, but
it will not be that useful, because we still don't
know what we are testing; we have two specs, not one,
and we lack a clear statement as to the differences.

I think the six items you listed that you would like
to see derived from the test event are fine.  Do you
want to create an RFP and solicit some bids for
fulfilling these requirements?  Or, ask members of the
Printer MIB Working Group if they would be willing to
contribute/donate some of the items?