Don Wright don at lexmark.com
Thu Jan 30 11:15:17 EST 1997

I have uploaded the conference call minutes from yesterday's
call (1/29/97).  They are available on the ftp directory in
/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes as follows:

970129-ipp-conference-call.doc
970129-ipp-conference-call.pdf
970129-ipp-conference-call.ps

For the computationally challenged (i.e. those who can't
deal with any of the above file types) I have attached
a text version to this note.  It is hard to read and ugly
but.....

+++++++
Internet Printing Project
Conference Call - January 29, 1997

The meeting was called to order at 4:05 PM EST.

Attendees:

Mabry Dozier - QMS
Jeff Copeland - QMS
Lee Ferrell - Canon
Bob Herriott - Sun
Carl-Uno Manros - Xerox
Tom Hastings - Xerox
Roger Debry - IBM
Peter Zehler - Zerox
Randy Turner - Sharp
Jim Walker - Dazel
Don Wright - Lexmark

Agenda:
* Feedback from WEBDAV meeting
 * No negative feedback on Charter as per Keith Moore
 * Netscape has expressed interest in joining us for the 2/6 meeting
 * MIME - discussion with one of the MIME experts at meeting
 * WEBDAV probably will not use MIME except HTTP MIME
 * We could do the same
 * The W3C enhancements to CSS for printing were discussed at the WEBDAV
meeting.
  They have no interest in using these.

* Requirement and Scenarios
 * IPP should not contain things that are not in a scenario
 * We will indicate in the requirements/scenarios things that won't be
addressed in IPP
 * Reviewed the closed items in the IPP REQ Issues list
  * #17 - re-open, requirements document needs to identify notification means
  * #19 - flag in requirements document that HOLD/RELEASE is not in V1
 * Reviewed open issues
  * #11 - added to scenarios
  * #14 - closed - not in V1
  * #15 - closed - outside scope of IPP
  * #21 - add examples
  * #22 - need requirements statement and then passed to the Directory & Model
groups
  * #28 - close, that was the intent of scenario 2.1
  * #31 - close - scenario modified
  * #33, 34, 35 - close - added to scenarios
  * #42 - close - clarified
  * #43 - close - scenario added
  * #44 - close - scenario added
  * #45 - close - e-mail removed, generic asynchronous response
  * #46, 47 - close - done
 - New Issues and Scenarios documents will be posted 1/30/97
* Model and Semantics
 * Bob Herriott and Tom Hastings will have a report at the 2/6 meeting
 * Bob reviewed several of the issues being addressed
 * A Model/Semantics issues list will be created to track issues
* Directory
 * List of issues from Keith Carter
 * Some of the scenarios make the need to move on this more pressing
 * Need a WHIP for now, Isaacson won't be available until Models is done.
* Protocol
 * Roger will be updating Protocol White Paper by 1/30/97
* IPP Meeting Agenda
 * Microsoft Presentation
 * Wind up Scenario discussion
 * Model/Semantics
 * Protocol
 * Other sub-groups
 * Modeling Sub-group meeting on Wednesday PM at Sun

An e-mail was distributed today announcing that the IETF has chartered the
Internet FAX working group.

The meeting adjourned at 6:10 PM
+++++++

* Don Wright (don at lexmark.com)        Lexmark International *
* Manager                               Strategic Alliances *
* 740 New Circle Rd                     Phone: 606-232-4808 *
* Lexington, KY  40511                    Fax: 606-232-6740 *