Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Apr 14 14:21:25 EDT 1997

Ira McDonald has added two more tools to the ones we had before in:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/tools/

-rw-rw-r--   1 pwg      pwg        27360 Apr 14 18:14 cscan.exe
-rw-rw-r--   1 pwg      pwg        26240 Apr 14 18:14 maxln.exe
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        30032 Apr 14 18:15 overx.exe
-rw-rw-r--   1 pwg      pwg         1089 Dec  2 19:04 readme-maxln-cscan.txt
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        27440 Apr 14 18:16 strip.exe

The new ones are:

overx.exe undoes the overstriking that the generic text driver uses
so that the generic text driver can be used to produce plain text
from MS-WORD.

strip.exe removes any bad control characters.

The existing ones scan for bad characters and look for long lines.

Could we put these tools on our PWG web page?

Thanks much to Ira for this help!!
Tom