PWG> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt

PWG> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt

PWG> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt

Internet-Drafts at Internet-Drafts at
Tue Jul 22 09:49:25 EDT 1997

 A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
 directories. This draft is a work item of the Printer MIB Working Group of
 the IETF.

       Title     : Job Monitoring MIB - V0.82
       Author(s) : R. Bergman, T. Hastings, S. Isaacson, H. Lewis
       Filename  : draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt
       Pages     : 95
       Date      : 07/21/1997

This Internet-Draft specifies a set of 18 SNMP MIB objects for (1)
monitoring the status and progress of print jobs (2) obtaining resource
requirements before a job is processed, (3) monitoring resource consumption
while a job is being processed and (4) collecting resource accounting data
after the completion of a job.  This MIB is intended to be implemented (1)
in a printer or (2) in a server that supports one or more printers.  Use of
the object set is not limited to printing.  However, support for services
other than printing is outside the scope of this Job Monitoring MIB.
Future extensions to this MIB may include, but are not limited to,
fax machines and scanners.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
Internet-Drafts directories are located at:
     o  Africa:
     o  Europe:
     o  Pacific Rim:
     o  US East Coast:
     o  US West Coast:
Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.
Send a message to:  mailserv at In the body type:
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt".
NOTE: The mail server at can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
      how to manipulate these messages.

implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the Internet-Draft.

        server="mailserv at"

FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt