gleclair at agentz.com gleclair at agentz.com
Thu Dec 2 19:33:27 EST 1999

I vote for the logo.

-Greg LeClair
EPSON Imaging Technology Center
greg at erc.epson.com

http://www.pwg.org/chair/logos/index.html

There has been little feedback on any of them other than Stuart Rowley's
submission which seems to be the preferred on.  The only comments were
concerning it usage of "pwg" rather than "Printer Working Group."  It is
important to remember that the logo rarely appears by itself.  When used
on a
web page, letterhead or in some other context, the organization name is
usually
readily available.  Consider such logos as TV networks, etc.  Believe it
or not,
ABC, NBC, CBS, W3C, etc. did not initially have any name recognition but
when
used properly and used in context with the organization name, an acronym
based
logo can be a part of successful brand building.

I believe the attached logo to be the consensus "best" and should be
accepted
for use.  Speak now, submit now or forever hold your peace.

(See attached file: pwgred.jpg)

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Director, Strategic & Technical Alliances  *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *

(See attached file: pwgred.jpg)