PWG> RE: ADM - IPP Priorities

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Mon Jun 5 11:21:15 EDT 2000

Hi Carl-Uno,                             Monday (5 June 2000)

My votes are:

*5 - Print Driver Download
*5 - Resource Object
 3 - Set 2 (Printer Admin) Operations
 2 - Set 3 (Device Admin) Operations
 1 - Page and Document Exceptions
 1 - Production Printing Attributes
*4 - Open Source IPP Client

I'm not (presently) ready to volunteer time to lead a subgroup.

I'm working on a first draft of a spec for Resource objects,
with significant help from Tom Hastings.  This draft specifies
the two REQUIRED operations 'Get-Resources' and 'Get-Attributes'
and defines the resource-type 'driver' - it should support the
same functionality as Hugo Parra's IPP Driver Download spec.

Resource opaque data is transferred to the IPP Client (on
request) following the body of the 'Get-Attributes' request
(just like Print-Data for jobs).  Resource opaque data is
transferred to the IPP Printer following the body of the
Create-Resource request (just like Print-Data for jobs).

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Xerox and Sharp
  High North Inc