PWG> Question about Localization

Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Apr 16 14:56:01 EDT 2001

Ray,

You should look at RFC 2569, entitled: "Mapping between LPD and IPP
Protocols".  IPP (RFC 2911) has a lot of character set and localization
semantics in it, so those semantics may help in understanding how they might
apply to LPD using the mapping semantics.  (I have not studied RFC 259 from
this perspective).  I suspect that RFC 1179 which attempted to document LPD
practice didn't go into such areas.

There is also RFC 2708 "Job Submission Protocol Mapping Recommendations for
the Job Monitoring MIB" that deals with mapping job attributes of PServer
and RPrinter to the PWG Job Monitoring MIB (RFC 2707), that might also help.
The PWG Job Monitoring MIB had localization and character set support in it.

If you find that these documents are insufficient to answer your questions,
please post the questions again to these lists, since such documents should
include character and localization considerations.

Thanks,
Tom