Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Oct 26 13:46:16 EDT 2001

Don,

I was wondering why not publish xhtml-print as an IEEE-ISTO standard with a
PWG standard number, say, 5103.1? (The PWG agreed to allocate IEEE-ISTO 5102
series to IPPFAX this week for the IFX (5102.1) and UIF (5102.2) documents).

xhtml-print can still have its own web site as you have done and be
available at something like (when approved):

ftp://ftp.xhtml-print.org/pub/pwg/xhtml-print/standards/xhtml-print-v1.0.pdf

but it could also be published on the PWG site as well when approved (there
is no problem with double posting, I would think):

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5103.1.pdf

A separate, but related question would be about
application/vnd.pwg-multiplexed?

Since we agreed to make application/vnd.pwg-multiplexed a PWG standard this
week (but try first to get the IETF to publish the PWG standard as an
informational RFC), we could also publish application/vnd.pwg-multiplexed on
the xhtml-print.org web site as well as the pwg web site.

Should application/vnd.pwg-multiplexed be in the same IEEE-ISTO series as
xhtml-print, i.e., 5103.2? or its own number: 5104.1?

Thanks,
Tom