PWG> Extended Plenary

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Thu May 9 10:53:38 EDT 2002

We are planning the extended plenary in Portland. I've proposed the
following set of topics. Please feel free to discuss any of these on this
mailing list prior to Portland and/or recommend any modifications. I will
be structuring the actual agenda prior to the meeting and could use your
input.

1. Consider portions of UPDF as a means of communicating device
capabilities in PSI
2. Use PSI methods or IPP operations to filter "configured" vs "possible"
device capabilities for UPDF drivers
3. Use UPDF in place of CONEG for IPP FAX
4. Investigate viable alternatives for standard universal image format
5. Describe a common way to move device capabilities and job ticket
"objects" through a print system
6. Develop a simplified print model that works with or without adoption by
any one, specific platform vendor
7. Intersect the Printer MIB, IPP printer attributes and IEEE 1284.1 and
express in XML, to facilitate web services based printer management