Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Aug 26 04:46:48 EDT 2002

Harry,

I've down loaded errata to PWG IEEE-ISTO 5100.3 Internet Printing Protocol
(IPP): Production Printing Attributes - Set1, February 12, 2001 at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PPE/pwg5100.3-with-errata-020825.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PPE/pwg5100.3-with-errata-020825.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PPE/pwg5100.3-with-errata-020825.rtf

I put it in /pub/pwg/ipp/new_PPE/, instead of /pub/pwg/standards/
until we agree how to post and name a PWG document with errata.

Please consider these questions at the PWG Plenary meeting:

1. I believe that we agreed that Errata would be handled by putting the
updated document in the same directory with the approved PWG standards,
right?

2. Should it have the same file name as the original, i.e., /pwg5100.3.pdf,
or do we want to put the date in the file name too, i.e.,
pwg5100.3-2002-08-05.pdf?

3. Certainly we want the web page to point to the new version.

4. Do we want that new version to have the revision marks?

5. Or do we want to just have the one with revision marks in
/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PPE/ and the clean version in /pub/pwg/standards/?

6. Also I should update to use the IEEE-ISTO template that Ron used for
5101.1 Media Names Standard, right?

I've included the FSG OpenPrinting WG Capabilities WG, since the errata has
to do with making it clearer the 23 "xxx-supported" and 1 "xxx-default"
Printer attributes that describe the supported values for member attributes
of collection Job Template attributes.  Also the FSG OpenPrinting WG
Spooling WG that is doing the PAPI.

The following errata have been included with revision marks:

1. Several people have missed the 23 "xxx-supported" and 1 "xxx-default"
Printer attributes that are defined in running text without any heading to
set the attribute off or to put it into the Table of Contents.  These are
Printer attributes that have corresponding "xxx" member attributes of Job
Template collection attributes.  These attributes are neither Job Template
attributes nor Printer Description attributes; they are just plain Printer
attributes (according to [ipp-coll[).  So I added headings for the
description of each xxx-supported attribute that didn't have a heading.  You
can see the 24 attribute headings added in the Table Of Contents with
revision marks.

2. Section 3.13.5.1 Added a parenthesis that didn't have matching
parenthesis.

3. Section 3.14 media-input-tray-check - add the 'none' keyword so that the
client can override the default.

4. Section 3.14 media-input-tray-check - corrected a cross reference.

5. Section 3.15.1 and Section 4.1 -  Removed the "order" in the reference to
"page-order-delivery" attribute name, since the correct name of the
attribute as defined in section 3.15 is "page-delivery".  (A related
attribute is named: "page-order-received", which explains why "-order-" was
incorrectly inserted in some occurrences of the attribute name).

6. Section 8.1 IANA Considerations - added all the 24 Printer attributes
that weren't in the Table of Contents to be registered with IANA.

Tom