PWG> prtChannelType proposal for WS-Print

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Fri Nov 2 07:59:44 EDT 2007

All,

This note is being sent to pwg at pwg.org in addition to the pmp at pwg.org to
insure that all interested parties have a chance to comment on it during
its 2 week review cycle  (10/31/07 - 11/14/07).  The proposal below is
based on the original proposal and all the input received to date.
Please send any comments to the pmp at pwg.org mail list.  If you are not a
member of that group you may send the comments directly to me and I will
make sure they get posted and processed.

In addition to the update to the prtChannelType below I am also
suggesting a best practice for the value of prtChannelProtocolVersion.
The value I am suggesting is 'Web Services on Devices - Print Service,
v1.0'.

Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701

Updated proposal:

chWSPrint(46), -- Not in RFC 3805

-- Web Services on Devices Printer (WS-Print),

-- (WS-Print 1.0 - see [WS-Print])

--

-- WS-Print Service URL

-- Keyword: ServiceURL

-- Syntax: URI (Unicode UTF-8 per

-- [RFC3986])

-- Multiplicity: Multiple

-- Default: not applicable

-- within Internet naming scope. Unicode

-- UTF-8 [RFC3629] string with

-- hexadecimal escapes for any non-ASCII

-- characters (per [RFC3986]).

-- Conformance: A WS-Print Printer shall list

-- all URLs it supports (one per Channel

-- entry).

--

-- WS-Print Web Services Target Namespace

-- Keyword: Namespace

-- Syntax: 'URI (Unicode UTF-8 per RFC 3986)

-- Multiplicity: Multiple

-- Default: http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2006/08/wdp/print

-- and associated print service model. Unicode

-- UTF-8 [RFC3629] string with

-- hexadecimal escapes for any non-ASCII

-- characters (per [RFC3986]).

-- Conformance: A WS-Print Printer shall list

-- all interoperable WS-Print namespaces it

-- supports.

[RFC3986] Berners-Lee, T., Fielding, R., and L. Masinter, "Uniform

Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax", RFC 3986,

January 2005.  (See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt)

[RFC 4122] P. Leach, et al, "A Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) URN
Namespace," July 2005. (See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4122.txt)

[WS-Print] Microsoft Corporation, "Print Service Definition Version 1.0
For Web Services on Devices ", November 2006, (See
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/rally/wsdspecs.mspx)

[DEVPROF] - J. Schlimmer, et all,  "Devices Profile for Web Services",
February 2006.

(See http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2006/02/devprof/devicesprofile.pdf )