Dennis Carney dcarney at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 18 01:54:02 EDT 2002

All,

I have downloaded the first draft (version 0.1) of the document 'IPP: "
-actual" attributes extension'.  The document is 12 pages long, but the
proposal is only 5 of those pages.  The document is located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_ACT/IPP-actual-attributes.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_ACT/IPP-actual-attributes.pdf

This document will be discussed on the October 31 Semantic Model
teleconference.  Any comments should be sent to the IPP mailing list.

Abstract:
This document defines an extension to the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0
(IPP/1.0) [RFC2566, RFC2565] & IPP/1.1 [RFC2911, RFC2910] for the OPTIONAL
"-actual" set of Job Description attributes that correspond to Job Template
attributes defined in IPP. These "-actual" attributes allow the client to
determine the true results of a print job regardless of what was specified
in the Create-Job or Print-Job operation.

Dennis Carney
IBM Printing Systems