SM> RE: "-actual" containment issue

Zehler, Peter PZehler at
Thu Oct 24 11:02:51 EDT 2002

I believe that new groups should be created for "-actual" just as there are
groups for "supported" and "default".  The "DocumentProcessingActual" group
should exist in both the Job and Document.  The "JobProcessingActual" should
exist only in the Job.  This would parallel the processing elements nicely.

				Peter Zehler
				Xerox Architecture Center
				Email: PZehler at
				Voice:    (585) 265-8755
				FAX:      (585) 265-8871
				US Mail: Peter Zehler
					        Xerox Corp.
					        800 Phillips Rd.
					        M/S 128-30E
					        Webster NY, 14580-9701

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Carney [mailto:dcarney at]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 1:54 AM
To: ipp at; sm at
Subject: SM> ACT - IPP "-actual" attributes downloaded, version 0.1

I have downloaded the first draft (version 0.1) of the document 'IPP: "
-actual" attributes extension'.  The document is 12 pages long, but the
proposal is only 5 of those pages.  The document is located at:

This document will be discussed on the October 31 Semantic Model
teleconference.  Any comments should be sent to the IPP mailing list.

This document defines an extension to the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0
(IPP/1.0) [RFC2566, RFC2565] & IPP/1.1 [RFC2911, RFC2910] for the OPTIONAL
"-actual" set of Job Description attributes that correspond to Job Template
attributes defined in IPP. These "-actual" attributes allow the client to
determine the true results of a print job regardless of what was specified
in the Create-Job or Print-Job operation.

Dennis Carney
IBM Printing Systems