SM> document-id-uri semantics

Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Mar 25 16:48:30 EST 2003

Is there any experimental scheme that we could use, so we don't have to muck
with the "ipp:" scheme?

If there is, we could just mention what that scheme is in the spec.

Or since this is a URI data type, is there some URN form that we could use
to give each document a unique identifiers?  All we want is a unique
identifier across that one Printer.  Its doesn't have to be unique across
all Printers, right?

We also need to agree as to over what time period the ID has to be unique?
If the Printer is powered off and comes back again, does it have to continue
to generate unique URIs that it never generated before?  Or don't we have to
be that strict.

Tom