Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Apr 2 21:23:31 EST 2003

And a 10th issue for the Document Object spec:

10. At today's IPPFAX telecon, we discussed the following IPPFAX Printer
Description attribute:

digital-signatures-supported (1setOf type2 keyword)
This attribute identifies which digital signatures technologies are
supported by the Receiver.  A Receiver MUST support this Printer Description
attribute.
TODO: Get list of keywords; can be found in "IPP driver install" spec

We agreed that it should go in the IPP Document object spec, and that it
should have a "digital-signature" (type2 keyword) operation/Document
Description attribute that the client submits in a Document Creation
operation as well.  And therefore, the spelling of the corresponding
"digital-signature-supported" (1setOf type2 keyword) Printer Description
attribute should be without the "s".

The description from the "IPP Driver Install" (IPP Printer Installation
Extension) spec is:

"digital-signature"
One REQUIRED LOWER-CASE 'keyword' string identifying the mechanism used to
ensure the integrity and authenticity of this set of Client Print Support
Files.  Standard values are: 'smime', 'pgp', 'dss', and 'xmldsig' which are
defined in [RFC2634], [RFC1991], [dss], and [xmldsig], respectively.  In
addition, the special keyword value: 'none' is valid.

The 'none' value MUST be supported if this attribute is supported.

Tom