SM> Semantic Model 2.0 Teleconference January 25

SM> Semantic Model 2.0 Teleconference January 25

SM> Semantic Model 2.0 Teleconference January 25

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at
Mon Jan 22 15:03:02 EST 2007

I have uploaded a copy of the Semantic Model as it exists right now on
my PC.  I have begun to add Service definitions to the model.  The
PwgPrint.wsdl is a fair representation of a Web Services mapping of IPP.
I took this as a starting place.  Behind the scenes I am still playing
with a PwgCopyService.  This exercise has helped me to begin to get a
handle on some of the service modeling issues we need to discuss and
resolve.  I have included a PwgFaxOut.wsdl file but don't read too much
into it since it is mainly just a cut and paste of the print service.
The WSDL and Schema files are available in a zip file from the PWG FTP
site at
This is the version I plan to use in Thursday's meeting.

January 25 2007
11 am - 12 pm eastern
Tele-Con Number:1-866-365-4406
PassCode: 2635888
WebEx Meeting Details (
Meeting Number: 747275324
Meeting Passcode: PwgSm
Meeting Host: Peter Zehler
Join Instructions for Instant Net Conference:
1. Join the meeting now:
2. Enter the required fields.
3. Indicate that you have read the Privacy Policy.
4. Click on Proceed. If you have problems with the above link, go to , select "join an event" and use the meeting
number and passcode from above.

	1) Approve previous meeting minutes
	2) Agenda bashing
	3) Quick Semantic Model Schema/WSDL overview with focus on
	4) Discuss usefulness of UML
	5) Discuss "PWG Semantic Model discussion Issues" document <URL
to be supplied soon>
 	6) Discuss various aspects of PWG model
		a) Inheritance and aggregation
		b) Operations and interface inheritance
		c) Is a Job a Job and a Document a Document?
	7) Discuss next steps and dates

Peter Zehler
Xerox Innovation Group
Email: Peter.Zehler at